Legendary is a type that acts similarly to a Neutral type, but with a different looking Dino Medal. The Legendary element has no strengths nor weaknesses and although it is like the Neutral Element, Legendary Vivosaurs aren't compatible with Neutral Vivosaurs and cannot use team skills with them (with the exception of those with Vivosaur Compatibility).
Legendary Vivosaurs tend to be more powerful than individuals of other elements.
Ten (10) Vivosaurs are of this type. Eight (8) of these Ten (10) have Team Skills; the three brains of Guhnash: Guhweep, Guhvorn, Guhlith, and the Zombisaurs: Z-Rex, Z-Tricera, Z-Ptera, Z-Elasmo, and Zongazonga. Frigi and Igno do not have Team skills.
They are usually very hard to unlock considering that they are the most powerful Vivosaurs in the game.
For instance, to unlock the Zombiesaurs, you must defeat Zongazonga and two Z-Rexes all at rank 20.
Here is the full list.
List of legendary Vivosaurs
Fossil Fighters: Champions
- While battling with the three brains, the game will sometimes randomly make a type advantage/disadvantage when the player attacks with Guhvorn, Guhlith, or Guhweep and treats them with any of the 4 elements in the game.
- Each game introduced five Legendary Vivosaurs. In Fossil Fighters they introduced Igno, Frigi, and the brains. In Fossil Fighters: Champions they introduced the Zombiesaurs, all of which were of Legendary typing.
- On the official Fossil Fighters: Champions site the Legendary typing is referred as "Mystery" type.
- In Fossil Fighters, Igno was said to have the skull and appearance of a T-rex, but looked more like Alectro. In Fossil Fighters: Champions, Igno got a makeover to make it look more like T-rex.
- After the Hero successfully beats Bullwort, Rosie points out that Frigi and Igno both disappear, because they cannot exist without each other. Later on, he gets their Dino Medals by defeating the BB trio and Saurhead. The game offers no explanation of where they came from, or why he now has them.
- If you use Counter Blow in the first battle with Frigi and get it down to 1 LP, it is still impossible to beat in that battle.
- In Fossil Fighters: Frontier, the Legendary element has been eliminated, despite the presence of Vivosaurs that presumably would have been Legendary, such as Dreadraven and Dreadsaurus. These Vivosaurs are neutral type instead, further highlighting the similarities between the two elements.