Negative Effects are used against the opponent to hinder their strategy or inflict damage to their Vivosaurs.
- Poison /: Damages the target at the end of its turn.
- Sleep /: Prevents the Vivosaur from using skills or swapping. Effect weakens when the target is attacked.
- Scare /: Disables some of the target's skills.
- Excite /: Prevents the team from rotating.
- Confuse /: Makes the target behave unpredictably.
- Enrage /: Reduces the target's Accuracy, but raises its Attack.
- Infection(No image): KOs the target after five turns.
Positive Effects are used on your own Vivosaurs to gain the advantage in battle.
- Enflame /: Raises the target's Attack.
- Harden /: Raises the target's Defence.
- Quicken /: Raises the target's Evasion/Speed.
- Counter /: Target can perform counter-attacks.
- Charge : Greatly raises the user's Attack.
As for Fossil Fighters: Champions some Vivosaurs enter battle with status effects applied because of their abilities. These Vivosaurs are Nigo, Tanstro, Terata, Radox, Dikelo, Parapu, Desmo, Gaudry, Anomalo, and Tonzilla.